Monday, 17 June 2013
THE PRINCIPLES OF LAW ON THE JURISDICTION OF COURTS OF LAW IN NIGERIA
Abraham Akintunde Esan known as Akintunde Esan is a Commercial, Corporate and Dispute Resolution Lawyer. He became a Solicitor and Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 2003.
He cut his teeth in dispute resolution, while practicing with law firms of five seasoned and renowned Senior Advocates of Nigeria for ten years. He is renowned for resolving intricate corporate, commercial and civil disputes vide the strategic fusion of litigation, mediation, arbitration and negotiation.
He is a chartered mediator and a conflict management consultant and resource person.
He commenced his career as an advocate, solicitor and mediator in 2003 doing his National youth Service at the Directorate for Citizens’ Right and Mediation Center, Ministry of Justice, Rivers State. He has practiced with Abenny O. Mohammed (SAN) & Co, Ilorin; B.O Olusola & Co Marina, Lagos; Wole Olanipekun (SAN) & Co, Ikoyi, Lagos; Awomolo (SAN), Otaru (SAN) & Associates, Ikeja, Lagos; Adegboyega Awomolo (SAN) & Associates, Ikeja, Lagos and Bola Ajibola & Co. He was Head of Chambers, Lagos office, Adegboyega Awomolo (SAN) & Associates.
As an undergraduate in the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, where he obtained his LL.B, he was the Director of Research, Justice Chambers, Faculty of Law; Deputy Speaker, Students’ Representative Council and a Justice of the Students’ Judicial Council.
He is of the conviction, that our world will be a better place to live in, if we do unto others as we expect others to do unto us.
As a dispute resolution practitioner vide advocacy in the court of law and ADR vide mediation, he believes in the strategic fusion of litigation and negotiation and mediation as a means of dispute resolution in a proactive manner that ensures that commercial and civil disputes are resolved speedily and cost effectively. He strongly holds the view that, in the art of dispute resolution the end justifies the means.
Apart from dispute resolution of corporate, commercial and civil disputes vide litigation, mediation, arbitration and negotiation, he is into core corporate and commercial legal practice and his practice areas includes but not limited to:-
ADVISORY, CORPORATE AND SECRETARIAL SERVICES:
- Offering of legal opinion on legal issues
- Act as legal consultant and as external secretary.
- Legal, Due Diligence and Regulatory/statutory Compliance adviser to companies
- Preparation and perfection of legal, land, contractual & security documents.
- Incorporation and registration of various business undertakings
- Registration of patents and trade marks
- Procuring permits, licenses and approvals as required for doing business in Nigeria.
- Watching of briefs for corporate organizations in criminal prosecution.
COMMERCIAL LAW :
- Winding up, receivership, debt recovery, contracts, insolvency, oil and gas, maritime/shipping, aviation, banking and insurance, capital market transactions, taxation, mergers and acquisitions, multi-party commercial transaction, trade mark, corporate restructuring, legal consulting to banks and other financial institutions and corporate businesses
- Private and confidential investigation.
- Intelligence report on properties, companies and individuals.
- Presentation of lectures and seminar papers on law and conflict resolution, prevention, and management.
- Conflict Management resource.
- Preparation of objective legal opinion.
- Law reporting and editing of law reports.
- Provides Resource Persons in Conflict Management
- Blogs on jurisprudence, conflict management and human development @ http://akintundeesan.blogspot.
- Acquisition and disposal of properties.
- Recovery of premises & property management
- Land Documentation
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgMobile Phone No.: +234 08073828487